Monday 18 January 2016

Post-Uni Plans

I've been thinking about what I want to do after Uni finishes in terms of Graphic Design, and I've narrowed it down to the three most realistic possibilities:

  1. Full-time employment in-house in the design/promotion/marketing/advertising department of a large company, preferably one in an industry that I have an interest in.
  2. Part-time freelance work primarily on small projects whilst having a part-time job of some other sort in an industry I'm interested in.
  3. Full-time work in a design studio that focuses on UX/UI and packaging design, as these are my main interests within graphic design.

With this in mind I hope to do the following things over the next few weeks:
  • Look to start applying for more graduate schemes or student jobs at larger companies.
  • Take on projects in extended practice that are smaller projects of the size I'd expect them to be when working part-time freelance (such as Harri Larkin's logo and the Pet Fish Post-Purchase Packaging), and projects that are focus on UX/UI or packaging.
  • Consider what part-time jobs would be suitable while working as a part-time freelance designer.
  • Find and contact studios that focus on UX/UI and packaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment