Thursday 28 January 2016

Self-Promotion Re-Think

As much as my self-promotion at the moment revolves around putting the emphasis on my work rather than myself, having filled out the application for the Jaguar graduate scheme I now realise that it does need to reflect something about myself as a person, which it doesn't do currently.

My interest in perpetual motion at school influenced by decision to take Maths, Physics and Graphics at A Level, and although I ended up doing Graphics, I still have the logical thought process of a mathematician or physicist - something I feel is somewhat rare amongst graphic designers based on my experience so far. Along with other obscure things such as Nietzschean philosophy, tropical fish and snooker, these interests are the sort of things that make me unique as a person. I feel my logo should reflect this.

Given that there will be work in my portfolio that shows my interest in tropical fish, snooker, and my dissertation is based around Nietzschean philosophy, I think my self-promotion should reflect my interest in maths and physics and the logical thought behind it, particularly the area of perpetual motion that influenced my A Level decisions. For that reason I want my logo to be based around a Newton's cradle.



No comments:

Post a Comment