Tuesday 8 March 2016

Being More Organised

Today I realised that the deadline for Clockwork Orange book cover competition is tomorrow afternoon and whilst the design itself is finished I'm still nowhere near preparing the entry itself. Whilst I have been working on briefs that are more important for a portfolio recently, missing this deadline is a massive oversight and I wanted to make sure it doesn't happen again in either of my YCN or Starpack briefs, or for the extended practice deadline in general.

I then made a spreadsheet of everything that needs to be done on every brief for the extended practice deadline - colour coding each cell to what stage I was at. This showed exactly how much work needs to be done before the end of the year.

















From tomorrow I'll be working on the submissions for briefs 3 and 10 for their competitions so I don't miss the submission dates for them as I did with brief 4. I trialled how this system would work using the brief 1 and found the design boards looked like this.



I feel like these are of a high enough quality to submit and take onboard Lee Goater's advice that there should be minimal text as all the text that is there explains something that isn't obviously clear from the images.

No comments:

Post a Comment