Sunday 17 April 2016

Patent Research

A few people had commented on the innovation of the fish transport packaging brief I've been doing for extended practice and suggested it was worth trying to patent, something I've been looking into.




















I looked into the best most appropriate ways to protect my work, and it seemed like Design Rights automatically protect the main aspect of the project, but a Registered Design or Patent would do this further. 


















A patent doesn't seem appropriate because of the cost and time involved in the process, so if I was to discuss my project with a company like Pets At Home I'd probably have to use a non-disclosure agreement.












A registered design seems much more appropriate for my work because it doesn't involve as much cost or time as a patent but still protects the shape and configuration of my work, which is the main unique aspect of my work. This is something I'll look into further.



No comments:

Post a Comment