Monday 30 November 2015

Harri Larkin - Initial Conversations

I got a phone call earlier from a friend asking if I could mock up some logo ideas that her friend had had for their bands logo. The band is called Harri Larkin and is based in Bristol.

The description I received was that they wanted a chess piece as the symbol, and the text to say either the full band name or just the letters HL. I chose a knight as the piece to use because it's arguably the most illustrative of all the chess pieces and is asymmetrical, which makes it more of a symbol and less of a badge. 

Whilst it followed their instructions it ended up looking very corporate and clearly wasn't suitable for a band at all, especially given that they really like The Ramones logo and wanted to use it as an influence, something they told me afterwards.


It was a bit frustrating that their guidance led in the complete opposite direction to where they actually wanted to go, so I told them to leave it with me a couple of days and I'd send them something back that was more suitable.

More information about this stage of the live brief can be found here extended practice blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment