Wednesday 24 February 2016

Career Coaching Session

I spoke with Ingrid yesterday about the process of applying for jobs, particularly the 4 at Perform. She said that two of them probably wasn't worth applying for because I didn't fulfil every criteria they were looking for, and that the two remaining ones would probably be assessed by the same person, so I should make different CV's and Cover Letters for both of them to show I'm genuinely interested and enthusiastic about the jobs.

I showed her the CV I sent for the Jaguar graduate scheme and she pointed out week areas and told me how to improve them. She showed me various links to follow for advice on writing CV's, and said that most jobs come from speculative CV's, but it's important to fully research the company and write a customised CV and Cover Letter for each company I apply too, as well as making sure I address it to the correct person as opposed to sir/madam.

No comments:

Post a Comment