Tuesday 9 February 2016

Premier League Re-Brand - DesignStudio

After seeing the Premier League's rebrand earlier today I looked into who did it as I got the feeling that it was designed by people who didn't have a particular interest in football. This will directly effect the project Joe and I are doing in extended practice re-designing football programme covers.




I found that it was designed by DesignStudio, an agency who's major clients include Air B&B, Logitech and Nokia, companies that air mainly screen based.















I feel like the Premier League made a mistake in asking this agency to do the re-brand for them as an agency that works with brands that are mainly screen-based was likely to produce something that was flat and less characterful and iconic than the previous logo (below).












The difference in the way the rebrand was received between Creative Bloq (here) and Joe.co.uk (here) show the general difference between the reactions and opinions of designers to those of football fans, two groups of people that stereotypically rarely cross over. To me this shows the importance of being familiar with the area industry your work is related to, and is probably why I feel my work has improved so much this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment