Tuesday 2 February 2016

Self-Promotion - Business Card Development

I wanted to stick to the golden ratio as I do in most of my work, but want's to keep things balanced and centralised to match the sturdiness of the logo - the below grid was created to acommodate this.













I looked at various ways of setting the front out to try and keep the balance, but was struggling to accommodate all the information I wanted to include. My favourite was the bottom one, but I wasn't overly pleased with it. Steelfish isn't particularly readable at small sizes, this may be something I look to address in the future.















I wanted an abstract close-up of the logo on the back. I found that removing the lines the balls hang from made it too abstract, so they stayed. Watermarking the logo made it less imposing.














This is how the business card would look, I'd probably triplex it with a black layer in the middle to add an extra dimension to it.





At this point I think it's worth coming back to this another day as I don't some to be going anywhere with this today - hopefully I'll make more progress another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment