Friday 5 February 2016

DBA (Hyperloop) - Group Meeting

We had a very informal meeting about our ideas for potential logo concepts for Hyperloop. Whilst I struggled to come up with a range of ideas myself, I did come up with one strong concept based on maths and science and the relationship between speed, time and distance visualised in the form of a graph - the lines on which would form the visuals for the logo.



















With assistance from Liam and Ryan I mocked up some potential starting points for the logo on Illustrator, using the grid in the background of the software to plot the graph on to make it mathematically correct.


























I also looked at trying to incorporate the symbol for infinity into a potential starting point (a sideways 8, similar to two o's next to each other), as well as trying to visualise the doppler effect (relevant because the Hyperloop will travel faster than the speed of sound), but these didn't work very well.


















I feel like with Alex's strengths in branding and Jamie's similar aesthetic style to him, my key contribution to this project could well be conceptually, especially given everyone else's struggles to come up with a concept, so I want to really clarify the concept before Monday when we meet again. My background in maths and physics should not only make this possible for me, but could also make this concept something overlooked by other groups, who may stumble across the infinity sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment